Manuel Medical Foundation aims to cater to the important medical needs of the Indian population.
This goal is rooted in the belief that all human lives are of equal value.
It is based on the proven scientific fact that all humans are descendants of one common ancestor. This fact confirms that the global human community is one family.
The foundation will focus on the most important areas of medical need. These areas are identified based on disparity, geographic area and socioeconomic factors, besides others.
Priority will be given to the most remote and inaccessible parts of India.
Utilization of current methods and technologies to achieve the above goals will be made maximum use of.
These include internet based technologies, electronic medical records and relevant communication devices.
Inputs for advancement, feedback for improvement of all existing services and setting minimum standards of care are incorporated into its routine functioning.
Research, aimed mostly at improving the quality of this health care delivery system will also be given top priority.
All services will be provided without any discrimination of caste, creed, religion, color or sex.
Our aim is to provide the best possible medical care to those to whom it is unavailable. Manuel Medical Foundation will use all tools currently available to achieve this goal.
Focus areas of MMF
The Foundation is committed to the following key areas in its initial phases:
1. Elderly Health Care- By creating awareness for healthy aging and sensitising communities regarding participation in care of elderly. The focus will be on physical, mental and psychosocial well being in a holistic manner. Also, by providing home-based holistic health care to those in need.
2. Cancer Awareness- To create awareness amongst various target groups regarding common cancers so that they can be prevented or diagnosed at a very early stage when cure is possible.
3. Awareness about chronic kidney disease- To generate awareness amongst the general population about controlling diseases like hypertension, diabetes and various lifestyle diseases which eventually lead to chronic kidney disease, so that end stage renal disease can be prevented. The aim would be to reduce the burden of population who eventually go into situations requiring lifelong dialysis or kidney transplantation.
4. Palliative Care- To sensitise communities and train volunteers for providing Palliative Care in end stage terminal conditions like old age, terminal cancer patients, end stage renal disease and various other chronic irreversible conditions.
5. Dermatological disorders- To create awareness about various skin disorders which may be infectious or non-infectious, and may be a manifestation of a local or systemic disease thereby educating the population about common dermatological ailments.